A healthy lifestyle begins with you. Find out if you are getting the proper nutrition.
Are you wondering whether your diet is on the right track? Concerned about your nutritional needs and whether you’re getting what you need? There are many reasons why people turn to our Rome, NY, preventive medicine physician for a nutrition consult. After all, an osteopath takes a holistic approach to your health and wellbeing, looking at all aspects of your health and lifestyle to determine optimal and personalized nutrition needs.
Prevention is Key
A preventive medicine physician will always focus on disease prevention and one of the best ways to do this is through maintaining a healthy diet. By educating our patients on what to eat and what not to eat we also provide them with the crucial tools and insight they can take away with them after our consultation to help them lead a healthy lifestyle. We also help them figure out why they are eating the way they are.
What to Expect
Before coming to our practice, we know you probably have a lot of questions about your nutritional needs. Make sure to write all of your questions down ahead of time and bring them with you so that you get a chance to ask all of them. Be prepared for your preventive medicine physician to ask you a lot of questions about your nutrition and lifestyle. Jot down everything you ate the day before your appointment to give us an idea of what we’re working with. We will also ask you about your goals in regards to nutrition.
Some patients are looking to reduce their risk for certain diseases and other patients are looking to lose weight while some simply want to feel and look their best. We can discuss weight loss plans and strategies with you that are completely safe and effective. You will be closely monitored by our team to evaluate your progress and keep you motivated. We can also discuss your additional needs, such as vitamins or supplementation.
Reasons to Consider a Nutritional Consult
There are many reasons why people turn to our preventive medicine physician in Rome, NY, for a nutritional consult. You may benefit from a nutritional consult if:
- You feel confused about your nutritional needs or what you should eat
- You are overweight or obese
- You’re concerned about food allergies
- You’re dealing with symptoms after eating certain foods
- You are having trouble losing weight despite eating healthy
- You’re noticing disordered eating or negative eating patterns or habits
- You want to take a more proactive and preventive approach to disease prevention and staying healthy
- You’re looking for realistic approaches to diet and weight loss
- You want a medical professional who can guide you and weigh in on your current diet and how to improve it
If you are interested in sitting down with our Rome, NY, preventive medicine physician to discuss your nutritional needs, then call Natural Health Center at 888-338-WELL to schedule your consultation.