Staying active is one of the smartest things you can do to protect your health. It sounds easy, but staying active can become more difficult as you age. Joint issues, weight gain, and fatigue can all lead to an inactive life. Your Preventive Medicine physician can help. Dr. Camille Dillard at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY, offers a wide range of medical services including exercise and activity guidance, to help you maintain strength and good health.
What You Need To Know About Staying Active
Staying active means getting some exercise for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week. To develop the right exercise program for you, it’s important to:
- Get a physical examination from your doctor, to make sure you are healthy enough for activity
- Pick exercises and activities you enjoy, so you can stick with them
- Make exercising and being active convenient, so it fits in with your lifestyle
- Choose exercises that are easy on your joints and other painful areas
When you stay active, you are helping with:
- Blood flow, which is critical to helping organs and tissues remain healthy and vital
- Heart strength, to keep your heart pumping blood effectively
- Bones and joints, by keeping them strong and dense, so they can carry your weight
- Maintaining a healthy weight, by burning excess calories to keep you from gaining weight
- Lower your blood pressure, which can reduce your risk of a heart attack
It’s important to stay active, for the health of your mind and body. You need to fuel your body, so you can stay active. Remember to eat a healthy diet full of:
- Lean meats like poultry and fish
- Low-fat dairy products
- Natural, non-processed foods
- Fruits, vegetables, and grains
Want To Know More?
To find out more about the importance of staying active and how it can help you stay healthy, call Dr. Camille Dillard at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY. You can reach her in the office by calling (888) 338-9355, so call today.