If you want to stay healthy, the key is preventive care. That means visiting the doctor regularly even when you are healthy. Preventive care can help prevent diseases and illnesses from affecting your health. Dr. Camille Dillard is a Preventive Medicine physician at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY. She provides a full range of medical services, including wellness exams and physicals to protect your health.
What You Need To Know About Preventive Medicine
You should visit our doctor at least once each year even if you are healthy. There are many illnesses and diseases with little to no signs or symptoms. For example, high blood pressure and diabetes often develop and you won’t even know it, but your preventive medicine doctor will. Visiting our doctor at least once each year is important because our doctor will:
- Perform a comprehensive physical examination and record vital information like blood pressure, heart rate, weight, and height
- Order laboratory testing necessary, including blood tests, to check your cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Order imaging studies necessary, to determine if you have any structural or musculoskeletal issues which need to be addressed
- Provide dietary, nutritional, and exercise guidelines to help you maintain optimal health
- Administer vaccines to help prevent serious, contagious diseases and illnesses, including flu, pneumonia, and shingles
Visiting our doctor at least once each year is important if you are healthy. Visiting our doctor more frequently is important too, especially if you have a chronic medical condition like diabetes, heart disease, asthma, or allergies.
Our Preventive Medicine physician is a wealth of information and can answer any questions you have about healthcare and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Your preventive medicine doctor can help you live longer and live better.
Want To Know More?
To find out more about why you should visit our doctor regularly even when you are healthy, call Dr. Camille Dillard at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY. You can reach her in the office by calling (888) 338-9355, so call today.