How your Preventive Medicine physician in Rome, NY, can help you stay healthy
When you lead a sedentary lifestyle, your body and mind don’t react well. Your body and mind are designed to move and stay active.
Dr. Camille Dillard at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY, provides a wide range of Preventive Medicine services, to help you stay healthy.
Let’s look at a few ways staying active can help your body and mind. Staying active will:
- Boost your circulation, which can help your vital organs, skin, and other tissues stay healthy
- Improve your cardiac strength, which can help protect you from heart disease
- Keep your bones and joints strong, which can protect you from fractures and arthritis
- Keep your blood pressure under control, which can reduce your risk of heart or vascular disease
- Help you stay at a healthy weight, which can protect you from obesity-related issues like joint pain and heart disease
- Keep your brain engaged, which can help protect against dementia, memory loss, and other age-related brain issues
- Lower your stress level, which can help protect you from having a heart attack or stroke
You don’t have to spend hours in a gym to stay active. Even small amounts of exercise help. Try exercises that you enjoy, like walking, swimming, or gardening. To stay active, you should include at least 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week.
Along with staying active, your body and mind thrive when you fuel them with the right foods. Remember to:
- Choose lean meats like poultry or fish, and limit red meat
- Choose natural foods with few ingredients when you can, and limit highly processed foods
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables–they contain nutrients, vitamins, and lots of fiber, to help you stay full
To learn more about the importance of staying active on the body and mind, call Preventive Medicine physician Dr. Camille Dillard at Natural Health Center in Rome, NY. You can reach her in the office by calling (888) 338-WELL, so call now.