Posts for: December, 2020
Find out the many ways in which chiropractic care can improve how your body functions and moves as a whole.
Whether you know someone who has had chiropractic care or not, you may be considering it if you are dealing with recurring aches and pains that affect your mobility and everyday activities. Are you wondering about the benefits associated with visiting our Rome, NY, chiropractors Dr. Thomas Carone and Dr. Peter Previte for spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments?
Here are just some of the amazing benefits of getting chiropractic care:
- Improves joint flexibility
- Boosts circulation and speeds up the body’s natural healing process
- Decreases pain and swelling
- Loosens stiff, tight muscles
- Boosts your immune system
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Boosts mood
- Improves functionality and movement
- Makes physical activities easier and more pain-free
- May reduce the number and severity of your headaches or migraines
- Improves pregnancy aches and pains
- Prevents injuries, specifically in athletes
- Improves quality of life
- Provides medication-free pain relief
- Improves sleep and reduces symptoms of restlessness and insomnia
- May prevent the need for surgery
- Improves cognitive function and clarity
- Improves posture (great for those who sit most of the day at work)
- Improves nerve function
- Aids in better digestion (may even improve symptoms of heartburn)
- Reduce your risk for joint and connective tissue degeneration often caused by arthritis
From athletes to children, just about anyone can benefit from getting chiropractic care. Not only is chiropractic care used to treat a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, but it can also prevent pain, inflammation, and injuries to the tendons, ligaments, muscles, and other soft tissue.
Chiropractic care can be great for treating,
- Acute and chronic forms of back and neck pain
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Pregnancy pains
- Headaches and migraines
- Rheumatoid arthritis
While spinal manipulation can be incredibly helpful for many people, it isn’t right for everyone. It’s important that you are honest and upfront with our chiropractors during your initial evaluation. This includes sharing any and all information regarding your health, medications you are taking, and any conditions you’ve been diagnosed with. For example, patients currently taking blood thinners are not right for spinal manipulation. This is why it’s important to share your detailed medical history with us during your first visit to make sure that chiropractic care is right for you.
Are you interested in getting chiropractic treatment here in Rome, NY? If so, schedule your first chiropractic assessment with the team at Natural Health Center by calling (888) 338-WELL.
Dealing with severe joint pain? This unique therapy may be the solution.
Millions of Americans are having trouble working and going about their daily lives due to joint pain. This is a serious problem, impacting every facet of a person’s life. If you are experiencing chronic or severe back or joint pain, our Rome, NY, osteopath Dr. Camille Dillard offers a unique solution known as prolotherapy that may finally provide you with the relief you’re looking for.
What is proliferative injection therapy?
Also referred to as prolotherapy, proliferative injection therapy is a regenerative treatment that improves injured, painful joints or damaged tendons or ligaments. This can be a great alternative for patients who want to improve their soft tissue or joint injuries without resorting to surgery.
While just about anywhere on the body can be treated with prolotherapy, our Rome, NY, physicians most commonly treat the back, shoulders, or hips. These injections contain mild irritants that when injected into the joints or soft tissue help to stimulate the body’s natural healing process to repair the injury or damaged tissue.
How many treatments will I need?
A patient will require multiple injections in one session (usually anywhere from four to 15, depending on the size of the treatment area and the severity of the injury) and most people will benefit from having multiple sessions (the average number is four sessions) performed every three to six weeks.
Who is a good candidate for prolotherapy?
If you are dealing with persistent pain that isn’t being alleviated with rest or pain relievers, then you may be wondering if you’re a good candidate for proliferative injection therapy. Prolotherapy can be a great treatment option for those dealing with,
- Low or mid-back pain caused by degenerative disc disease and sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Knee pain
- Meniscal tears
- Rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder injuries
- Tennis or golfers elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Ankle pain
- Ankle instability
- IT band syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
- Other musculoskeletal or joint injuries
Many people chose to undergo proliferative injection therapy because this is a natural and minimally invasive treatment option that offers amazing results without having to resort to surgery.
If you have questions about proliferative injection therapy or if you’re dealing with joint or back pain and want to find out if this is the right treatment for you, then call Natural Health Center in Rome, NY, at (888) 338-9355 to schedule a consultation.